What is PowerUp?
PowerUp WHAT WORKS is a free online toolkit that supports improved teaching and learning in inclusive classrooms.
Find an array of tools and resources to ensure students with disabilities and their classmates meet the CCSS through technology and best practice.
To register for PowerUp
- Visit www.PowerUpWhatWorks.org
- Click on the Join PowerUp Button.
- Enter your name and e-mail address. Your e-mail will serve as your user name for PowerUp.
- From the pull-down menu, select Beta Academy as your school.
Once you have registered
- Browse the PowerUp School to locate information and resources on technology implementation, teaming, and professional development.
- Visit the PowerUp Classroom to find information and resources on teaching reading, writing, and math with technology.
- Use the lesson-planning tool to design lessons that meet Common Core Standards.
Why Use PowerUp?
PowerUp can help your school meet and improve your academic goals for students with disabilities and their classmates. powerup easily aligns with your current initiatives, such as:
- Standards-based Instruction
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Teacher Evaluation
- 21st Century Skills
Who should use PowerUp?
PowerUp provides your school Leadership Team and teachers with valuable planning tools, guidelines, examples, research, and resources to improve teaching and learning. You’ll also find up-to-date information about technology tools to PowerUp learning for all students.
PowerUp your school
Whether you build a new Leadership Team or draw upon your current team, PowerUp will engage you in a step-by-step process to enhance your technology infrastructure to support your teachers and staff.
The School Planner is the tool that guides your team through five tasks, repeated in three phases. You can access the tool from your own school’s landing page or the Leadership landing page for each site.